GC: XCOM XPANSION Announced & Teased
XCOM: Enemy Unknown was quite a big hit in the gaming industry of last year. With rave reviews and strong sales, it surprised a lot of people with just how successful a turn-based strategy game could be in this day and Call of Duty age.
Well after some slightly disappointing DLC packs, Firaxis seem to finally be ready to take a full step ahead. As just announced in a press release from 2K, XCOM: Enemy Within is a full fledged expansion to the original game, giving us new enemies to fight, places to explore, weapons to handle and abilities to master. While it's a stand-alone expansion that includes all former downloadable content for the Xbox 360 version, the PC version is just the expansion alone.
• New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of operatives
• New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry;
• New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from a host of new enemies, including the Mechtoid;
• New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades;
• New Tactical Challenges and Maps: Face new tactical challenges, on nearly 50% more maps;
• New Multiplayer Maps, Units and Abilities: Create custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
The expansion is slated for release on November 12 in the US, 15th here in the rest of our filthy non-US world. You can check out the teaser, which doesn't say much, above.